We’re STP Phase 2 Certified
Aurion is an ATO DSP Provider currently offering STP Phase 2 compliant software and services.
Single Touch Payroll Phase 2
Aurion solutions are STP Phase 2 certified.
What is STP Phase 2?
The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) is updating the current Single Touch Payroll (STP) legislation to expand the data collected from customers each pay run. These updates are collectively known as Single Touch Payroll Phase 2 (STP Phase 2).
STP Phase 2 will make it easier for employers to report specific payment details made to employees across all income streams. This infosheet summarises some data elements added in STP Phase 2. Refer to the ATO’s Phase 2 Business Implementation Guide, webinar and Fact Sheet for more information on the data elements added in STP Phase 2, their definition, and their use.
STP Phase 2 will report a breakdown of gross income, which includes (but is not limited to):
- Salary Sacrifice (including Salary Sacrifice Super & other Salary Sacrifice).
- Bonus & Commissions
- Paid Leave (not limited to: Cash-out of leave, Paid Parental, Workers Compensation).
- Gross residual (excluding above).
STP Phase 2 will report a breakdown of allowances paid, which includes (but is not limited to):
- Car expense, laundry allowances, meal allowance, travel,
New data elements
New fields will be introduced to STP reporting for better accuracy of employment data, including (but not limited to):
- Reason for
Whole of Government Reporting
In a substantial change to current payroll business processing, the Child Support Agency can automatically receive deductions or wage garnishees data for each pay period from the ATO via STP Reporting – separate reporting will not be required. Additionally, Tax File Number declarations will no longer be sent as a separate report or document; and there will be a significant reduction in the need to provide Separation Certificates to employees when they cease employment
What do I need to do for STP Phase 2?
STP Phase 2 includes a number of changes that will require additional system configuration, employee data changes, and testing prior to deployment in a Production environment.
- Income Stream Collection disaggregated by Income Type and Country Codes
- Disaggregation of gross into separately itemised components, which may require some mapping based on customised
- Tax File Number Declaration Forms data included in every pay for the
- Employment Separation Certificates data included in every pay with the cessation type for Services Australia.
- New Tax Treatment Codes to advise the PAYGW tax scales applied to each
- Child Support Garnishees and Child Support Deductions to replace separate remittances for the Child Support
- Separate Lump Sum E Letters eliminated and will be reported via the pay
STP News and Resources
STP for Microbusinesses and SMEs – what does it all mean?
Not sure what STP means, or how this change will impact you? We’ve been doing STP for years now – here’s all the key info you need to know.
Webinar: Single Touch Payroll (STP) Get Ready
STP Get Ready, presented by Aurion experts Reianna Vercoe – Product & Marketing Manager, Joy Richardson – Manager Quality & Assurance and Chantal Tinios – Professional Services Consultant.
Is your payroll becoming a pain?
Introducing Paygo, our latest payroll solution for small-to-medium sized businesses just like yours.
*For a limited time only. Only available for new sign-ups to the PayGo service and minimum contract period applies. PayGo service is available to customers meeting service eligibility criteria. Offer includes complimentary service set-up and waiving of Aurion processing fees associated with your first pay event. Offer does not include processing fees incurred from non-payrun activities or employee payments.