Unfortunately, a significant amount of payroll fraud can be enabled by poor quality or badly implemented processes and tools. The good news is that you can avoid most of the common payroll fraud opportunities with some review and tightening of your payroll management.
Six ways to fraud-proof your payroll team
- Train all payroll staff to identify and monitor specific anomalies indicating fraud.
- Provide frequent training and education on maintaining privacy legislation compliance.
- Update your team regularly about emerging or common scams and its prevention.
- Ensure segregation of those who process pay runs from the bank approvers.
- Maintain best-practice assurance processes where manual touch points are required.
- Develop a delegation matrix listing who can send payroll requests.
Download the FREE checklist – Six Ways to Fraud-Proof Your Payroll Team
Don’t forget to watch the video presentation from Jacqui Birch, Aurion BPOS payroll expert, on how system administrators can help prevent payroll fraud.
Download the Aurion Guide to Fraud-Proof Payroll
Is your payroll secure – or are you losing money or business-critical data without even knowing it? The Aurion Guide to Fraud-Proof Payroll will help you identify various types of payroll fraud and provide strategies to prevent payroll fraud from impacting your business.
We help you to:
- Identify common types of payroll fraud
Learn simple payroll fraud prevention techniques
Build strategies to fraud-proof your payroll service
About the Author
General Manager of Client Engagement
Joy has worked with Aurion since January 2012 and is a specialist in developing and managing a quality management system, information security management system and risk management framework that complies to People and Payroll Solutions.